School Counselor

Emily Eldridge
[email protected]


Book an appointment:

The counselor is available at OCEAN on Monday all day and Friday mornings.

Running Start

What is Running Start?
It is an opportunity to receive dual credits to fulfill both high school and college credits. This means that each 10 week class at Peninsula College can cover 1.0 credits per subject or electives. At the end of high school, you can also graduate with an Associate Degree from Peninsula College.

When can I apply?
The enrollment process takes place the quarter before you plan to start classes. You must have all your paperwork in before enrolling in classes.

What do I need to do to apply?
Fill out an application form online at
-3 semesters in ELA and Math with a grade of B or higher.
-SBAC scores: ELA -  score level 3 or 4 , Math - score level 3 or 4  plus required math grade of B or higher.

If you do not qualify in one subject, you can still take classes for what you qualify for.
Example: Take ELA and Social Sciences, but not Math/Science

Fill out an Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
-Fill out your part of the form, bring the form to your counselor, your counselor will fill out the rest, and will forward the RSEVF to Peninsula College
-Meet with an advisor from Peninsula College to plan your classes.

How do I get started? Visit the Peninsula College website below:

Speak with your school counselor, for more information about further options.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.